To achieve lasting positive change for Lake Atitlan, Ati't Ala' works together with other institutions, both non-governmental and governmental. In addition, we strive to effect regional policy and legislation on the basis of our scientific research and consensus-building on a grassroots level.
- Developed Lake Atitlan as case study for international exhibit on water issues
- Participating in regional, national and international commissions and conferences
- Compiling a database of all projects in Lake Atitlan
- Administered funds to facilitate the work of CONAP and FONACON, two Guatemalan agencies working to protect Lake Atitlan
- Organized lakewide response to cyano-bacteria